· Elections for Président, Vice-Président and Secrétaire take place during the opening assembly. Seniors are not eligible.
· Candidates should be prepared to speak in French to the group, using note cards if desired, for 45-60 seconds. Candidates should introduce themselves, identify their schools, name the office for which they are running and state their qualifications for that position.
· Teachers of elected officers automatically become members of the Comité de Professeurs. The Comité and the officers prepare the contest for the following year.
· The new officers and the current Comité will meet in the fall to begin planning the 2015 contest.
· If a candidate learns after registration that he or she cannot run for office, please contact Mary Hightshue at email@example.com.
· Responsibilities related to each office are as follows:
Président and Vice-Président: These two officers will prepare and conduct large-group student activities the day of the Congrès, including: warm-up activities, election of officers, announcement of election and contest results, and assist in preparations for the Congrès.
Secrétaire/Historien: This officer will assist in the selection of prizes, and assist in preparation for the Congrès.
Back to the main page